Tuesday 13 January 2009

Die Lampe


While learning German I noticed that the gender of the Lamp is feminine (Die Lampe). I liked it very much. I felt that the German language is logical like ours. The ancient German people must have thought about it while deciding the gender of the words.


It is a famous say that if a man learns he is literate but if a woman learns therefore whole family learns. Her learning reflects on the culture and the behavior of the family overall.


Many years ago I read a sonnet on the State transport Bus. It was saying that Girl is far better than that of a boy as she enlightens the two houses. One house is of her father and the other is her in-law's house. This sentence touched my heart that time.


This thing stroked my heart's chord again when I read my friend Shail's 360 latest blog. Really one should not ignore woman just because she spends more time for family.


My father always says that the words Buddhi (Intelligence), Shakti (power), Yukti (Plan) are feminine words as women contain these things more.


Yes, Every woman is an image of Goddess Durga provided she look within herself and she trusts herself, her abilities always.


Since Tomorrow onwards Durga Festival is beginning let's pray her again.


या देवी सर्वभूतेषु बुद्धिरुपेण संस्थिता ।
नमस्तस्यै नमस्तस्यै नमस्तस्यै नमोनमः ।।
या देवी सर्वभूतेषु शक्तिरुपेण संस्थिता ।
नमस्तस्यै नमस्तस्यै नमस्तस्यै नमोनमः ।।
या देवी सर्वभूतेषु युक्तिरुपेण संस्थिता ।
नमस्तस्यै नमस्तस्यै नमस्तस्यै नमोनमः ।।


(The Goddess who is living in all beings in the form of Intelligence, Power and Planning, I bow to her again and again)


Original post: Die Lampe

No comments:

Post a Comment