Tuesday 11 November 2008

New Job profile




Dear All,
Recently, I changed my Job profile and currently I'm working as a Hindi teacher to the foreigners in Mumbai. Last few months I’m teaching Hindi to 3 Belgians and 1 Australian.
I got this job accidentally. I did B.A., B.Ed. with Sanskrit and was teaching Sanskrit at many places, mostly free of cost in order to spread the Sanskrit as a spoken language.
Someone recommended me to an American company based in New Jersey seeing my teaching skill. The job is to teach conversational Hindi.
It may look like an easy job but teaching the simple things is always a difficult thing. Every time I have to prepare before I am going to teach. Most of the preparation is about what words, concepts to avoid which may be hard to remember. I also make document and Audio files and send it to my students after every lecture so that they are perfect with the learning.
Here teaching skill is far more important than knowing Hindi as a language. Many people say that we can teach Hindi as we speak it everyday. I do not argue with them. My faith is that teaching a language requires high skill and dedication as well.
I am happy with my teaching job and I’m happier that Multi National Companies now feel an urge to teach their staff Hindi. It is a sign that Indian market and Indian companies are touching new heights in a global scenario.
I will write about my experiences about it someday whenever time permits.
Warm regards,
Mrudula.
Original Post and comments : New Job Profile

No comments:

Post a Comment