Thursday 13 November 2008

Taare Zameen Par

Karan Johar version...
Art teacher: Shah Rukh Khan (Obviously).
Ishan: Aryan Khan.
Ishan’s Mom: Rani Mukerjee.
Ishan’s Dad: Abhishek Bachchan.
School principal: Amitabh Bachchan (Comes free as a 1+1 offer with Abhishek).
Location: New York. The story line: SRK would fall for the dyslexic Ishan’s mom. The last scene would have the mom running to the teacher rather than the Ishan. And again, like in so many other movies, SRK would get someone else’s girl. It would have one dance number. The film title: ‘Kuch Kuch Taare Zameen Par’
>
>
================================================================
Jokes apart, today everyone is telling me to see this film, especially, for the performance by Ishan as a dyslexic child. I’ll also see this film some day. Also dyslexia was a part of our syllabi under the educational psychology in B.Ed. Therefore I am interested in this film and the second reason of this interest is that I have a problem of dysgraphia. Another learning disability.
When I was a child, every morning left and right used to confuse me while taking tooth powder on the left hand. Just few months ago, I asked rikshaw driver to take right turn and he said politely, “Madam, what we’ll do in the ocean?” Actually, I was supposed to tell him to take left turn because on the right there was a sea.
There used to be confusion between p, q, b, d and Devnagri alphabets like ट, ठ, ड, ढ while writing.
Still I have a big problem with Writing (Thankfully not the computer typing). But in the class of 60-65 students I used to rank around 30th. This used to happen because of not completing the paper. I used to write slowly and hence I used to answer only 2 questions out of 5. Of course, in my school life, marks and grade was not having cut-throat competition as of today. I still remember, people used to ask, “Did you pass?” at the result day. I used to get nearly 40/100, 42/100 in the subjective papers. In objective paper like science and mathematics, I used to get approx. 80/100. So passing the exam was not a big deal.

I used to get confused between faces. I used to forget people. Even today my brother teases me asking, “Who is this actress, who is that actress” as I can recognize very few of them.
Even today many times, I speak with a person considering him or her someone else. It is serious indeed. But I can't help it .

But truly speaking, dysgraphia was not recognized as a disease in my childhood. It was just a subject of a fun for everybody.

Also, my parents never made issue of exams and grades.
I had many failures in life but I never accused my grades for that. My childhood was happy, contented and vigorous. It was an investment to face the hardships of the life.
Definition :
Dysgraphia (or agraphia) is a deficiency in the ability to write, regardless of the ability to read, not due to intellectual impairment. People with dysgraphia often can write on some level, but often lack co-ordination, and may find other fine motor tasks such as tying shoes difficult. It often does not affect all fine motor skills. They can also lack basic spelling skills (having difficulties with p,q,b,d), and often will write the wrong word when trying to formulate thoughts (on paper).

Original post : Taare Zameen Par

No comments:

Post a Comment